We have the printed tickets ready for distribution and sell, please contact anyone from your executive or call Jesus at 780-487-5802. It is going to be a great event. Our Peruvian folks really need our help. With your support, we will be lessen somehow the difficult situation for the affected people of this devastating natural phenomena. All the proceeds will be going towards this cause and channelled through Development and Peace and Caritas Peru. Please bring your friends along, and also invite University and college students. Students will only pay only $10 with proof of official college/university ID. I have attached a photo of the tickets and a link for the work that already is being undertaken by Caritas-Peru. Together we can make a difference!
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE - CARITAS CANADA
INVITATION TO CONTRIBUTE TO PERU EMERGENCY RELIEF
March 23, 2017
The Peru Mudslides
LIMA, Peru – The intense rains, overflowing rivers, mudslides and flooding being experienced in the country are the worst seen in two decades, Peruvian authorities said Saturday, affecting more than half the nation as the death toll since the beginning of the year hits 72.
Excerpt from Global News Article - http://globalnews.ca/news/3319337/death-toll-peru-rains-flooding-mudslides/
What Development and Peace is Doing
- As Caritas Canada, Development and Peace has reached out to Caritas Peru (http://www.caritas.org.pe/).
- They are preparing a proposal that will go out to the whole Caritas Network, and Development and Peace will be able to support it
- When we receive it, we will have more details the relief activities they are carrying out.
- We have previously worked with Caritas Peru and are confident they are already responding
to the crisis.
- We are pleased to report we have already received two major donations towards this cause from Religious communities of $15 000 each.
- We are partners in Peru with CEAS (Episcopal Commission). They have been a long-time partner of
Development and Peace
- CEAS indicates the Caritas emergency appeal on their website. (http://www.ceas.org.pe/)
Development and Peace and Peru
Development and Peace has been working in Peru since 1967 and its current program is aimed at countering the discrimination and social exclusion experienced by Peruvian society’s most vulnerable members, in particular the indigenous peoples of Amazonia.
Ways to Donate Directly to Development and Peace
- Donate online : www.devp.org
Click on the orange "Give now button in the top right.
Select ‘Emergency – Peru’ in the I am giving towards field.
- Donate by phone : 1 888 234-8533
tell the operator you would like to donate
to Emergency Relief for the Peru Emergency
- Donate by cheque
indicate ‘Emergency – Peru’ in the memo
- Show Solidarity through promoting Social Justice and
Human Dignity by becoming a Share Year Round Donor
Any donations exceeding $10
will receive a charitable tax receipt
For More Information Contact
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Information About Development and Peace
- Development and Peace funds community development projects in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East and educates Canadians on issues of injustice faced by those most impoverished and marginalized globally.
- Development and Peace is the official international development organization of the Catholic Church in Canada. It was created in 1967 by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops. It is a social movement that consists of 10,000 members across Canada who work in their communities to promote solidarity with the poorest and most vulnerable in the global community.
- The organization supports more than 100 local community organizations in over 35 countries around the world who are putting in place initiatives in agriculture, education, community mobilization and human rights.
- Last year, Development and Peace contributed $32 million towards community development and humanitarian aid programs. This includes funding from the Canadian Government.
- Development and Peace is the Canadian member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of over 160 Catholic development and humanitarian aid organizations around the world.